Radio Redux was done. Emphasis on was.
Several years later, KC of RadioSEGA would come to Kevin and asked if he would perhaps consider doing a Radio Redux show supporting RadioSEGA’s annual Winterfest event. Since LMC’s old friends asked, Kevin was happy to, and a curious gap was left in the schedule.
At 7PM on Sunday, Radio Redux’s traditional slot, the surprise was sprung and Radio Redux would return to Winterfest for the next several years. In 2020 though the specials would end.
It was time to re-run the titles.
SEASON NINE - TRIVIA
- Legitimately no one knew Radio Redux was being broadcast except KC and Kevin until Kevin’s voice and “Y’Know” kicked in. Leading to a massive outpouring of surprise in the Discord chat. Though as Kevin said to open the show: “Guys. It’s 7PM on a Sunday – who else would it be?”
- The #201 mix of “Y’Know It Rocks” is called the ‘Resurrection Mix’ – with the “Get ready!” replaced by “LIVE AGAIN!” – a sound clip from Mary Shelly’s Frankenstein, Kevin’s favourite pinball machine and one actually made by SEGA, ironically enough. #203 saw it replaced by a modified Winterfest jingle and “HAT TRICK!” from Unreal Tournament. #204 used a clip from the No.4 version of Pinball Number Count from Sesame Street in addition to “Get ready!”. The “EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY!” for #205 is actually a Sonic Adventure 2 sound clip.
- Despite being played in the first show of Season 7 too, the first track on #201 is deliberately “Ain’t That Funny” by Sick YG from MADWORLD. Entirely for the opening line of “Heeee’s baaack!”
- #201 is the only episode to have an official alternate title, after all the fuss relating to Dreamcast swirls led to the audience itself nicknaming the show.
- During the opening to #202 you’ll hear Kevin clicking his fingers to the music on occasion. In actuality it was a test. There had been next to no time to test the live setup that year and neither Kevin nor RadioSEGA were sure the microphone was even working!
- #205 was, as the name and introduction suggests, a backup show created for Winterfest 2019 in case of drop outs that Kevin volunteered to make. As it happened it was not needed and was broadcast on RadioSEGA as a special bonus a week after the event.
- The “LMC Block” was announced by Kevin during show #206 (which was created for RadioSEGA’s #10YearsLiVE event) a fortnightly return for Radio Redux in the future, plus other shows filling the gaps such as LMC Cast and archive shows were confirmed.