2011 was a very difficult year full of tribulation and personal upheaval for the (then) Sonic Wrecks team.
Kevin/AAUK left SEGA and the aftershocks of that led the team to look at SEGA with a lot more suspicion and a lot of very genuine anger from the rest of the SW team. Meanwhile SW site began to build, gaining new partners and staff, there was the little matter of Sonic The Hedgehog’s 20th anniversary to address and Kevin’s last “official” Summer of Sonic.
There’d be changes behind the microphone as well, with the show turning into more of a two-hander for most of its season six run.
SEASON SIX - TRIVIA
- During Season 6 discussions were going on as to whether or not Radio Redux could also be broadcast on Sonic Radio, another (and third biggest) community radio station which would have meant the show becoming a triple hitter.
- The title of “The Not A Football Phone In Show” is a reference to its then show number (under the old numbering system) of #606. 606 being the name of a football discussion programme, on BBC radio – something of an institution for football fans.
- Kevin’s rather…*ahem*… pointed opening to “The Second Life Show” (#149) features “Breaking Up Is Such A Faff!” from the BBC comedy series Mongrels (watch here) leading in to “I Am (All Of Me)” by Crush 40.
- That said, Dusk’s first remarks commenting on Echo’s absence “How is this any different from usual?” is even more pointed. Ouch.
- Kevin would later say that that interchange was the first sound clip on his list when making the introduction to #200: “The Final Show”.