Series three saw Radio Redux go LiVE as it split into two formats, the usual recorded shows and regular LiVEcasts on SEGASonic:Radio.
Quite simply the reason for the move was it was beneficial in both directions. LMC (then still Sonic Wrecks) wanted to expand the show to make it more regular and live for more spontaneity. But also it was done so to help prop up SS:R which was in dire need of some stability and familiar faces.
The partnership would continue for many years as part of a Sunday afternoon block of content, one that would evolve over time to include The Sonic Show‘s gaming live streams.
SEASON THREE - TRIVIA
- The show’s proclivity for calling episodes “The _____ Show” began here, but properly kicked in during Season 4.
- In mid-2009 all the LiVE shows were combined with the recorded shows and renumbered to form a proper combined season three.
- You can still tell which shows were the LiVE ones however, as the LiVE Radio Redux shows used a different theme tune, “Y’Know (It Rocks)” being replaced by an edit of Saliva’s “Ladies & Gentlemen”.
- This was reflected in the name of the first live show #033, originally called “Ladies & Gentlemen… Radio Redux LiVE”.
- #031 was effectively a crossover between Radio Redux and DreamCast – the NiGHTS into Dreams podcast, but it was actually recorded late at night in one of SEGA Europe’s offices. Sadly the archives for DreamCast have since been taken down by DiGi and TRiPPY, so this is one of only a handful of episodes of the show (or featuring it) that still exist.
- Other reworked titles lost to time include “Home Again, Home Again…” for #040 and“ArchangelUK & The Really Charcoal Grey Knight” for #043.
- #048 is the first and one of only a handful of shows that does not involve Kevin.