Series four saw the show go, essentially, to a weekly. With more shows that almost all the prior series put together.
It also charted the developing life of its host, covering Echo Hawk and AAUK’s personal struggles with trying to get a visa sorted, moving in together and even marriage. All of this meant that after previously appearing in a number of guest interview Echo became Radio Redux’s second host, mostly sniping in the background with the odd pithy remark.
There was the tenth anniversary of the Dreamcast, a pair of drunken visitors gatecrash the show and a man with a puppet did as well. Season 4 also marked the start of an ‘expansion’ of programming with the debut of Radio Redux ‘B-Show’ Dragon’s Den by way of a pilot by Blake (Dusk) and Ram’s (Suf’s).
SEASON FOUR - TRIVIA
- The longest series by far at 42 episodes, it is also the most personal with not only that mentioned above but in #088 Kevin referenced the health issues that had begun to dramatically alter his quality of life after his trip to Italy.
- Contrary to what was suggested in #090, no one was in fact naked.
- Kevin was also the only one not slightly drunk, as he could not drink alcohol owing to the medication he was on (see point #1).
- Other episode titles lost to time by the 2020 rework include “The Month To Go Show” for #070 – which referenced the upcoming Summer of Sonic for that year, making more sense at the time.
- A running thread throughout Season 4 was longer shows than there should have been as Radio Redux had to keep coming on at short notice to cover The Sonic Hour which preceding after the presenters kept not turning up. This would turn into both a running joke for the Redux team and some very genuine frustration with SEGASonic:Radio management when the issue was essentially handwaved.