With a little under two weeks remaining until the Sonic Boom convention details are gradually being released on what to expect. A Facebook post on the event’s page laid out a general idea of what the schedule will be like, including the announcement that Stephen Frost will be the host:
Who’s excited for Sonic Boom 2014 next weekend?!? We’re busy doing our last-minute preparations and getting everything in order so we can have a fantastic time on October 4th at the Manhattan Center Grand Ballroom. And as we’re finalizing everything, I’ve got some updates for you!
Here’s some stuff that will be going on throughout the night:
* Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric and Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal demo stations will be available
* Giveaway stations will be available all night, so you can pick up your gift bag on the way in, during the event, or on the way out. There is only one bag per person, so you can be assured we won’t run out.
* Autographs/Meet & Greets with our guests will be happening throughout the night on a separate schedule, and I hope to have that finalized soon.
* Merchandise! You’ll be able to buy CDs of Ted Poley as well as merchandise and artwork from Tracy Yardley! at the event. Tracy will also be signing autographs at his artwork area all night (not as part of the above-mentioned autograph schedule).
We’re flipping the script for this year’s show, and making it like a late night talk show. Stephen Frost (Producer of Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric) will be our host for the evening, and Jun Senoue and Tomoya Ohtani will be our house band, performing throughout the show. Below is just a general order of guests & events, because we don’t want to give away all the surprises! We’ve got great stuff in store for you.
The doors will open at 5pm, and the show will start around 15 to 20 minutes after that.
* Takashi Iizuka, Head of Sonic Team
* Bob Rafei, CEO & Art Director of Big Red Button
* Mat Kraemer, Creative Lead of Sanzaru Games
* Costume Contest
* Sonic Boom Voice Actor live reading
* Jamie Rosenbaum, Sr. Marketing Manager of TOMY
* Musical performance by Jun Senoue, Tomoya Ohtani, Ted Poley, and Tony Harnell
The show will be over at 10pm. Please note that the above schedule/order is subject to change.
There will be snacks (chips, candy, etc) and soft drinks available for purchase at the event. If you’d like something more substantial than that, we suggest that you eat dinner before you come to the event, and/or go out after the event with some of your new Sonic friends!
QUESTIONS? ASK AWAY!
This is a lot of information, but I’m sure you still have questions. Ask away, and I’m happy to answer as much as I can.
Kellie (Sr. Community Manager for Sonic)
Indeed there have been quite a few questions in the post’s replies and they’ve revealed a little more insight into what to expect.
- If tickets are sold out you will be able to purchase them at the convention’s doors for the same price.
- It’s okay if you wish to take a picture of yourself with a guest if the guest is okay with it and it doesn’t hold up the line.
- An autograph schedule will be posted in the event page when things are set in stone.
- Alcohol is not allowed. Chilidogs aren’t available for purchase.
- Takashi Iizuka will not be doing a Q&A but it’s okay to ask him a question when it’s your turn in the autograph line.
- You will be able to film inside the event.
- There will be no Sonic Boom merchandise for sale. Prototypes of the upcoming Sonic Boom toy line from TOMY will be on display but only for display.
UPDATE: It has been confirmed from one of the answered questions that there will not be a live stream of the event from SEGA this year.
UPDATE 2 (9/24/2014); Another post has gone up revealing two more details. The Manhattan Center has a strict no re-entry policy so you will not be able to exit the event venue and return later on. The prices for snacks and drinks have been announced. They’ll be $4 each and $6 each, respectively.
We’ll keep you posted on any further developments.
This post was originally written by the author for TSSZ News.