Okay, apparently, there is a preview of Sonic Unleashed in the latest X360 magazine.
With a summary directly from Shadzter of SSMB, who gets the credit for this summary of the two page preview; here is what the article basically said:
Version tested 80% complete
– They list the release date down as 28th November
– Need to know
Publisher – Sega
Developer – In-house
Genre – Platform
Players – 1
Xbox Live – Yes
– Briefly – He may be in 3D again, but this time Sega appears to have nailed what’s been missing from the series as of late, and that’s speed.
– Pie chart – 15% Warp speed, 15% Twitch gaming, 20% Classic Sonic, 50% Werehog levels.
– From what we’ve played of Sonic Unleashed, we are truly thankful that the Sega team decided to start again from scratch – Sonic Unleashed looks and plays, beautifully.
– Levels played were Italy, Greece and China and each was notably different from the last.
– Italy, for example, hosted a wondrously colourful light-speed charge through its sun-kissed villas and rooftops. China on the other hand, began with flinch-inducing velocity along the spine of The Great Wayy Of China.
– Like in the last Sonic The Hedgehog, it would only be fair to mention that yes, we did occasionally fall off into platform-game netherspace. But somehow, the rare occasions when this happened weren’t frustrating in the same way as the game’s predecessor.
– We’re back to what makes Sonic great. Twitch gaming that, by repetition, leads to muscle-memory-fuelled stampedes at leaderboard glory.
+ Unleashed. It’s fast, it’s massive and its a hell of a lot of fun. Sonic is back. Finally
– Unhinged. We”re still to test the much-touted ‘Werehog’ levels. They could suck.
How’s it looking? Taken as looking at only half of a game, this half is tremendously accomplished and hugely fun. We can’t as yet vouch for its other half.
4/5 – ‘Thriller?’
This post was originally written by the author for TSSZ News.