Sonic Dash has gotten an update, one of which that apparently focuses on how you earn and spend. The details are below.
1. Each character has their own status and upgrades; giving one character an upgrade no longer effects everyone. You must now go to each character and give them stat boosts.(This does not affect characters already unlocked with upgrades, though any further upgrades will be for that character only, apparently.)
2. If you haven’t unlocked all characters yet, any unlocked after this update will play differently, the new way. For example, new characters will charge rings for each booster used. Characters used before the update will still have a collection of boosters (if they had any), which you can use the old way. It’s possible that once all boosters are used up, old characters will also have to purchase boosters with rings.
3. Any left over revive tokens from before the update will be converted into red rings. It also seems to be that if you had more than one character unlocked, each of them will have their own set of revive tokens, and will also be converted. (Ex: If you had 40 before, and unlocked Tails and Knuckles, you will get 120 red rings, as that will equal the 40 tokens from Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. A similar thing happened to me, but I think this needs to be verified by another person to be the correct requirement)
4. Dash boosting through the terrain will give you points, with multiples awarded the same way a ring/badnik booster would award you, through a chain.
5. Rings, when banked, will multiply each time. For example, the first time rings are banked, they will be the same amount as what you were carrying. However, each consecutive bank after this will add one multiple, multiplying the rings you carry by 2X, 3X, 4X, and so forth, meaning that if you held 100 rings and banked them with a multiplier of 7X, you would get 700 rings.
6. Boosters are purchased on the spot before the game starts, especially for characters unlocked after the update.
7. New missions were added. However, the multiplier cannot be increased, meaning that 20X(40X with a full dash meter) is still the highest it can go.
Thanks to EngineR2 for tipping us along with sending the change list. If you have news to share be sure to share it with us! Click Send Tips at the top of the page or tip us on Twitter!
This post was originally written by the author for TSSZ News.