LOS ANGELES (Nov. 6, 2020) – Today, SQUARE ENIX® released the latest card set in the renowned FINAL FANTASY® TRADING CARD GAME (“FFTCG”), titled Opus XII: Crystal Awakening. The booster set includes new ‘Multi-Element’ cards, which combine the strengths of two different elements, but require players to leverage both elements in order to cast the card.
Opus XII features brand-new artwork and original illustrations from well-known FINAL FANTASY artists, including:
- Gen Kobayashi (FINAL FANTASY EXPLORERS)
- Yasuhisa Izumisawa (WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY / FINAL FANTASY VI)
- Ryoma Ito (FINAL FANTASY XI)
- Rubi Asami (FFTCG Original)
- Toshiyuki Itahana (FINAL FANTASY IX)
- Yusuke Itahana (FINAL FANTASY XI)
- Isamu Kamikokuryo (FINAL FANTASY XII)
- Toshitaka Matsuda (FINAL FANTASY V)
As an added bonus, the Opus XII: Crystal Awakening booster deck introduces three “Legacy Cards” that are Premium Full Art versions of highly sought after cards from previously released sets, which can be found below:
- Shantotto 1-107L (Illustration by Tetsuya Nomura originally from Dissidia Final Fantasy)
- Locke 4-048L (Illustration by Yoshitaka Amano originally from Final Fantasy VI)
- Minwu 6-123L (Illustration by Toshitaka Matsuda originally from Final Fantasy TCG Opus VI)
Collectors and players who purchase a sealed Booster Pack display of Opus XII: Crystal Awakening will find inside the box a Full Art Promo Card featuring FINAL FANTASY X-2 protagonist Yuna.
Learn more about the Opus XII: Crystal Awakening booster set at: https://fftcg.square-enix-games.com/na/news/opus-xii-crystal-awakening
For the latest information on all things FFTCG, please visit: https://www.fftradingcardgame.com/na.