It was only a matter of time before Sonic Boom would hit mobile at some point. And today, with another soft launch, that has happened.
Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom was “released” today, available on Android. An iOS version has not appeared yet. In fact even on Google Play the game is not available to download in the United States, however. Our affiliate TailsChannel has found out that one person does have the game, living in Canada, a sign that Canada has gotten the benefits to what has turned out to be another Sonic mobile game soft launch.
As for the game itself we have screenshots to share with you from JakesWorld on Twitter and from the product page on Google Play. The latter also got a product description:
The dazzling sequel to SEGA’s hit endless runner, SONIC DASH. Featuring the cast and world of the new TV series, SONIC BOOM.
New and amazing 3D worlds, challenges and game play. Play as Sonic the Hedgehog, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, and Sonic’s new friend, Sticks. Let’s do this!
SONIC DASH 2 FEATURES
– RACE with up to three characters in new Team Play mode! Swap runners mid-race to earn high scores
– UNLEASH new special powers – Amy’s Hammer, Knuckle’s Jump Up & Slam attack, Sonic’s even faster Dash, and more
– CONQUER new obstacles and badniks
– DASH on new fast-paced tracks in and above the beautiful Sonic Boom world
– MASTER new Swing & Tilt gameplay with the super charged Enerbeam; tilt your device to swing the runner towards the rings and orbs
– COLLECT, evolve, and run with new magical Sprites
– EARN special prizes in new Events and Daily SEGA Challenges
You can check out the screenshots below. We might have gameplay video to share with you soon. If so we’ll let you know.
This post was originally written by the author for TSSZ News.