Gamescom is underway, so new details about Team Sonic Racing have surfaced.
- A new stage has been revealed. Market Street is based on the Generations version of Sonic Unleashed’s Rooftop Run.
- Dodonpa, a mysterious character that will play an important role in the game’s plot, was shown off in a new issue of Famitsu. Dodonpa is “a suspicious but charismatic Tanuki who invites Sonic and co. to race”.
- The game story mode has a world map similar to Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed’s World Tour mode. Cutscenes seem to be similar to the portraits and text boxes that Sonic Free Riders had.
- Team Sonic Racing will have “21 tracks, spread across 7 locations”.
- “Apparently the earliest game to be represented through tracks will be Sonic the Hedgehog 3, although ingame signage has mentioned Green Hill Zone”.
- You can make a team of the same character.
This post was originally written by the author for TSSZ News.