It’s all change at Radio Redux with Kevin now living and working in a different country, a revolving door of co-hosts would drop in to discuss this and that. There was the return of Room 101 and there was absolutely no limits on music.
Season 8 also marked the coming of episode #200, and the decision to wrap up the show as Sonic Wrecks morphed into what would be Last Minute Continue. Everything builds up to a mega special to say goodbye.
SEASON EIGHT - TRIVIA
- Radio Redux Season 8 had the suffix “Limit Break” as the show embraced and remit that took in music and news from across the gaming spectrum. This was a little bit odd considering the show was still on RadioSEGA, but they jokingly accepted the show’s ‘screw the rules’ mock-renegade status when it came to non-SEGA music.
- There is an argument that #178 (“The Skullmakevin Show”) should, in theory, be a Guest Control show as it was an episode of Saturday Night SEGA. However, the appearance was a planned crossover show as opposed to just a guest appearance. Kevin’s version of Skullmageddon would indeed return to haunt Gavvie. Also Billy and Jimmy, we suppose… – And to confirm Kevin did just ad lib everything. Nothing was prepared.
- #182 “The Double Deuce Day Show” references the 22nd – or to put it another way two deuces (twos) – anniversary/birthday of Sonic The Hedgehog.
- #200X was a special preview before the show that featured a clip of every single one of the previous 199 shows. It was actually influenced (complete with using a mix of the same music) by “The First Question” a fan made Doctor Who trailer for the show’s 50th anniversary. Watch it here.
- And that’s not the only Doctor Who 50th anniversary reference this season, thanks to “The RadioSEGA Stands Show”.