For those that are confused, yes I do have my copy of ASR at home with me at the moment – mainly because I’m the one who ships out the review code so as it came in YOINK! My weekend is an ASR-fest. It seems the news about the Sonic R tracks caused a stir, looks as though I was right in that you do want to know about that sort of thing so here’s ten more tidbits of info for you.
- The music also contains a piece from Sonic CD and Sonic Rush tracks also feature… but Wrapped In Black doesn’t. BOOOO! EDIT: Actually, WIB is in the game, but only the brief end of level version of Wrapped In Black which plays at the end of the race on at least one Final Fortress level.
- Fish Hits plays when Big does his All-Star move.
- Switching difficulty to “Off” removes the AI from a multiplayer game.
- Race distances can be set between one and nine laps in length.
- There IS a reference to Ryo and sailors in the game. You can officially rejoice.
- There is at least one line of dialogue from the announcer when talking about Big that…well… it made me choke on my drink.
- Amigo’s boost is probably the most powerful in the game. It certainly seems to be from off the line.
- There is a very clever way of getting the “no collisions” achievement.
- It is entirely possible to legitimately do the “Wonder Boy” (winning by reversing over the line) achievement.
- You will definitely need to master drift for later Super Monkey Ball levels as they mirror the games a lot. This means lots of 90 and 180 degree turns!
Also whilst battling Blake, who is staying over this weekend and will be doing a review on the game for Sonic Wrecks very soon, I have inadvertently created a monster who apart from reducing me and Blake to tears of laughter will be appearing in the next Anarchie Wrecks comic, coming VERY soon.
There’s a also a new Sonic Channel wallpaper for March featuring the bat-girl herself ROUGE, so much for the Knuckles theories. Hang on, if its Rouge maybe she STOLE his spot! It’s been added to the Sonic Channel Wallpapers page.